TU Dortmund University seeks to make its websites and mobile applications accessible pursuant to EU Directive 2016/2102. The following Accessibility Statement documents the implementation status for the website ms-cs.tu-dortmund.de in compliance with the Ordinance of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia on the Creation of Barrier-Free Information Technology in Accordance with the Act on Equal Opportunities for Disabled Persons (BITVNRW).
Status of conformity with accessibility requirements
This website is partly complaint with EU Directive 2016/2102.
Verification method: self-assessment
Compiled on: 01.06.2022
Last verified on: 15.07.2022
The content listed below is non-accessible:
- PDF files integrated in the website
- Videos integrated in the website
- Not all of the currently used shades of color achieve the required contrast at a browser zoom factor of 100 percent.
- Due to the large number of PDF documents made available that were produced prior to 23.09.2018, it has so far not been possible to transpose all of these into an accessible format. These are successively superceded by accordingly modified versions.
- It has not been possible yet to add audio descriptions to the currently available video material.
- In the event of non-accessible enrollment documents, please contact the Student Registration Office. In the case of non-accessible exam regulations, please contact the Central Examinations Office. In all other cases, please use the feedback form below.
- The integrated videos are YouTube files with the option of displaying automatic subtitles.
- A strong magnification via the browser zoom function offers the necessary contrast. We are working on a completely barrier-free solution for this issue.
Feedback and contact details
You can report cases of non-compliance with accessibility requirements to us and request information on content which is excluded from the directive.
LS Informatik IV
Tel.: 0231-755 2596 or 2117
If you would like to contact Lehrstuhl Informatik IV of TU Dortmund, please use our feedback form.
Please indicate “Accessibility” in your message and tell us which content you are referring to by stating the URL.
If you have not received a satisfactory answer to your messages or queries regarding accessibility within six weeks, you can call in the arbitrator for accessible IT. He or she reports to the Commissioner for Matters relating to Disabled Persons in accordance with Section 11 of the Act on Equal Opportunities for Disabled Persons of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia. If you wish to initiate an arbitration procedure, please complete the corresponding application form and send it via email to:
Arbitration Board for Barrier-Free Information Technology of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia at the Office of the Commissioner for Matters relating to Disabled Persons
Further information on accessibility at TU Dortmund University
On the following pages you can find an overview of the measures TU Dortmund University is undertaking to improve accessibility as well as useful links to services and contact persons: Inclusion at TU Dortmund University
DoBuS – Department of Disability and Studies – offers advice and services for students and teaching staff, with the aim of creating fair conditions in studies and teaching for persons with a disability or chronic disorder. Further information: DoBuS
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The campus of the Technical University of Dortmund is located near the Dortmund West motorway junction, where the Sauerland line A45 intersects with the Ruhrschnellweg B1/A40. The Dortmund-Eichlinghofen exit on the A45 leads to the south campus, the Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 to the north campus. The university is signposted at both exits.
The S-Bahn station "Dortmund Universität" is located directly on the north campus. From there, the S-Bahn line S1 runs every 15 or 30 minutes to Dortmund main station and in the opposite direction to Düsseldorf main station via Bochum, Essen and Duisburg. The university can also be reached by bus lines 445, 447 and 462. Timetable information can be found on the website of the Rhein-Ruhr transport association, and DSW21 also offers an interactive network map.
One of the landmarks of the TU Dortmund is the H-Bahn. Line 1 runs every 10 minutes between Dortmund Eichlinghofen and the Technology Center via Campus South and Dortmund University S, line 2 runs every 5 minutes between Campus North and Campus South. She covers this distance in two minutes.
From Dortmund Airport you can take the AirportExpress to Dortmund Central Station in around 20 minutes and from there you can take the S-Bahn to the university. Düsseldorf Airport, which is about 60 kilometers away, offers a larger range of international flight connections and can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university train station.