The Processes Fitting Toolkit Dortmund (ProFiDo) provides a graphical user interface supporting the use of a variety of tools for the fitting and modelling of arrival processes. ProFiDo's key features include
- a consistent use of commandline-oriented Tools for Process Fitting
- a GUI for graphical workflow specification
- XML based interchange format for process descriptions
- easy to extend by XML based GUI configuration and converter scripts
- visualization tool for plotting pdf, cdf and lag-k autocorrelation coefficients
- support for PH distributions, Markovian Arrival Processes and ARMA and ARTA Processes
- easy integration of fitted stochastic processes into simulation models using the Arrival Process Module for OMNeT++
- ProFiDo 1.3
- ProFiDo 1.2
- OMNeT++ Arrival Process Module
- Arena Arrival Process Module v0.2: arena_arrivalprocess_0.2.zip
ProFiDo is free software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.
- Falko Bause, Philipp Gerloff, Jan Kriege:
ProFiDo - A Toolkit for Fitting Input Models
Proc. of the 15th International GI/ITG Conference on Measurement, Modelling and Evaluation of Computing Systems and Dependability and Fault Tolerance (MMB & DFT 2010), Springer, 2010.
- Falko Bause, Peter Buchholz, Jan Kriege:
ProFiDo - The Process Fitting Toolkit Dortmund
Proc. of the 7th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST) 2010, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA, September 15 - 18, 2010. [PDF]
- Jan Kriege, Peter Buchholz:
Simulating Stochastic Processes with OMNeT++
Proc. of the 4th International OMNeT++ Workshop, 2011.
- Falko Bause, Jan Kriege:
Correlated Random Number Generation for Simulation Experiments
Proc. of the ASIM Dedicated Conference on Simulation in Production and Logistics, 2015.
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The campus of the Technical University of Dortmund is located near the Dortmund West motorway junction, where the Sauerland line A45 intersects with the Ruhrschnellweg B1/A40. The Dortmund-Eichlinghofen exit on the A45 leads to the south campus, the Dortmund-Dorstfeld exit on the A40 to the north campus. The university is signposted at both exits.
The S-Bahn station "Dortmund Universität" is located directly on the north campus. From there, the S-Bahn line S1 runs every 15 or 30 minutes to Dortmund main station and in the opposite direction to Düsseldorf main station via Bochum, Essen and Duisburg. The university can also be reached by bus lines 445, 447 and 462. Timetable information can be found on the website of the Rhein-Ruhr transport association, and DSW21 also offers an interactive network map.
One of the landmarks of the TU Dortmund is the H-Bahn. Line 1 runs every 10 minutes between Dortmund Eichlinghofen and the Technology Center via Campus South and Dortmund University S, line 2 runs every 5 minutes between Campus North and Campus South. She covers this distance in two minutes.
From Dortmund Airport you can take the AirportExpress to Dortmund Central Station in around 20 minutes and from there you can take the S-Bahn to the university. Düsseldorf Airport, which is about 60 kilometers away, offers a larger range of international flight connections and can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university train station.